Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Good Man Is Hard To Find

This story is about an old woman and her family's ride to florida and how they eventually die.
1. What is the daughter in the family's name?
2. Why did the author have Bailey wear a shirt with parrots on it?
3. Explain the misfit? What do you think he means?
Wow. This story was weird, creepy, complex, interesting, and many other adjectives. I'm still not sure as to whether or not i liked it. I don't think i truly understood most of it. I went to a parochial school all of my childhood and middle school years and I'm sure I didn't understand all those religious references. One thing i understood for the theme is no one is good or bad. The main character was even illustrated by the author as devious and deceptive in order to get her way. And her children were illustrated as ingrates. As to the misfit... I think the author tried to make him seem crazy but crazy from thinking too much. Which i think is possible, if you think to much and question everything about the WHYS of the world you'll drive yourself nuts.

No comments: