Sunday, March 9, 2008

Subservience

Everyone is subservient to someone. I am subservient to almost every adult. The adults are subservient to their bosses and their boss’s bosses. I wish the United States could be a utopian society where everyone worked for the good of the people and there was no class system but that cannot happen. Because humanity is corrupt and it is human nature to seek only personal gain, subservience is necessary in order to live in a harmonious atmosphere. There will always be some race seeking to be the elite. Will it change from Anglo-Saxon to African American or Latin somewhere along the line? I don’t know. I doubt it will change within the next couple hundred years because the minority races of this country have been oppressed for so long. I think subservience is necessary for the education system. Children need to understand they are not in charge and they need to obey their elders. This subservience should be limited and used only with positive reinforcement but is still necessary. Within the adult working environment I don’t know if subservience is necessary. Because the United States is capitalist, someone must always be submissive in the grand scheme of things. In small groups or communities I believe subservience can be eliminated because behavior can be modeled and controlled by the community.

No comments: