Sunday, February 1, 2009

reaction to question 2

I think that the control in BNW is actually a lot deeper than just surface level. I think many things used are for distraction. As long as the public is distracted than no one has time to think. Also, if everyone is happily distracted and content then no one has any reason to complain. It's quite brilliant actually and I never though of it. I was so critical of the reality of this book because I didn't think pure distraction could keep people from feeling. But with sleep conditioning and tampering with fetuses, how could anyone think freely? The odd thing is I don't think anyone is doing it for power because who stays in control? It's all done randomly. And if somehow you swim through the drugs and distractions and realize something is wrong you can go to an island with others like you. There is no free will in this book which is sad. I think whats most unsettling from this book is that you're set for life from the moment you are conceived. And the conditioning done when you are a baby is discomforting. It's all for control but who stays in control? Why?

No comments: